The rules are universally understood and very easy. But on the off-chance you are seeing us from outer space, here’s how “Would You Rather” works: You start by posting a predicament of two equally dreadful-appearing (or occasionally equally enticing) options to the other player. Here’s an example: “Would you rather have sex using a dog and nobody in the world understands you did it, or can you rather not have sex using a dog, and everybody in the world thinks you did it?”
You then smirk as the other player and this impossible scenario wrestle. It’s their turn to produce a dilemma for you when they decide the things that they consider to be the less dreadful of two scenarios that are atrocious.
The game is a regular section on the Humor Hit! Bang! podcast. Star guests including Ice-T and Bernie Sanders are asked by host Scott Aukerman to pick what they believe to be the best of two scenarios that were horrific.
The beauty of “Would You Rather” is its simplicity. The game needs no skills and no advance knowledge outside a bit of creativity. But it is just as fun as the people you play with. There is no denying that the more absurd and occasionally X-rated “Would You Rather” gets, the more fun it becomes.
For a bit of inspiration, here are our picks for the best “Would You Rather” questions for 2016 compiled from Reddit, either.io, and our sick, sick imaginations.
1) Would you rather gain 10 pounds or be prohibited from the web to get a month?
2) Would you rather an unrecognizable child photograph of you be the subject of a vicious internet meme (i.e. Ermahgerd Girl) that lasts for years, or be the laughingstock of Twitter for a day?
3) Would you quite inadvertently “enjoy” a two-year-old photograph of your significant other’s ex-husband whom you were at the center of Facebook stalking, or unintentionally send a sext to your mother?
4) Would – members or right of Gamergate?
5) Would you rather have to read every word of the “terms and conditions” when you’re prompted to or need to ask your parents for permission each and every time you’ve got sex?
6) Would you rather be a millionaire or are now living in the world of Harry Potter?
7) Would you rather reside in the world of Star Wars or cure a rare form of cancer?
8) When you die, could you rather have your credit card statement or your Google search history released?
9) Would you rather be allergic to chocolate or sensitive to smartphones?
10) Would you rather have your Seamless account hacked and every one of the details made public, or have all of your files and folders filled with porn?
11) Would you rather play Pokémon Go in real life or The Last Guardian in real life?
13) Would you rather be in a real-life edition of The Walking Dead or a real life version of Game of Thrones?
14) Would you rather be forever prohibited from Tinder or be forever banned from all grocery stores within a 5-mile radius of where you reside?
15) Would you rather possess a hacker swoop in and publicize all the selfies you’ve taken before the year (without filters) or have your personal email hacked?
16) Would you rather lose the capability to vote in elections or the ability to state anything on social media (including commenting on people’s Facebook posts or enjoying their photos on Instagram)?
17) Would you rather be required to talk like Donald Trump’s Twitter feed to get per year or binge watch every single episode of The Apprentice?
34) Would you rather have eyes that can film everything or ears that can record everything?
19) Would you rather be stuck with your original screen name for the remainder of your life or need to alter usernames and passwords every month?
Would you rather possess the ability to find out why someone you’re dating ghosts for you or the aptitude determine genuine phantoms?
Would you rather lose all of the photos you have taken on your smartphone this season or lose each of the publications you own?
22) Would you rather develop 10 buddies in actual life or 10,000 followers on Twitter?
25) Would you rather lose entry to a smartphone to get per year and get a 10 percent raise on the job or keep your smartphone and also exactly the same salary?
27) Would you rather be able to decide the person who becomes the next President of the United States or the one who directs Star Wars: Episode X?
28) Would you rather be made to drink only pumpkin spice lattes with no other coffee for the rest of your life or only LaCroix for the rest of your life?
30) Would you rather lose your ability to text or lose your ability to offer a high five?
31) Would you rather sound like Jar-Jar Binks for the rest of your daily life or Siri?
32) Would you rather lose the skill to work with GPS for the remainder of your lifetime or lose the capability to employ a debit or credit card?
33) Would you rather don only Sailor Moon outfits for the rest of your life or apparel such as the form of Hamilton for the rest of your life?
Would you rather possess the aptitude see every text that has been not sent to you or the ability to see every text that is about you?
35) Would you rather have naked photographs of you leaked on the internet but not seen by anyone you know or accidentally moon everyone at work during an important meeting?